- Creation of Laboratoires ORTIS by Irène and Adolphe Horn, pioneers of plant-based health in Belgium.
- Marketing of royal jelly, in liquid form.
- Launch of the ORTISAN cube (fruit and fibre concentrate in chewable cubes)
- Michel, the eldest of the family, takes his first steps at ORTIS.
- Solange, wife of Michel, and Philippe, his brother, join the management at ORTIS.
- Launch of the first DETOX product.
- Creation of stock in.
- Creation of the “Herba Sana” Health Garden, allowing the general public to discover medicinal plants and the benefits of plant-based products.
- ORTIS is awarded ISO certification.
- Construction of the new logistics centre in Elsenborn.
- Decision to adapt the formulas of certain products to obtain ORGANIC certification.
- First worldwide: Certisys ORGANIC certification for the first ORGANIC film-coated tablet.
- First validation of the ORTIS product quality control system by the Federal Food Chain Safety Agency.
- 60th anniversary of the creation of Laboratoires ORTIS.