Alkaloids: responsible for the hypnotic, sedative and anxiolytic action.
The use of the plant does not cause any addiction or dependency.
- Alkaloids from Eschscholzia californica and their capacity toinhibit binding of [3H]8-Hydroxy-2-(di-N-propylamino)tetralin to5-HT1A receptors in Vitro.
Gafner S, Dietz BM, McPhail KL, Scott IM, Glinski JA, RussellFE, McCollom MM, Budzinski JW, Foster BC, Bergeron C, Rhyu MR,Bolton JL.
J Nat Prod. 2006 Mar;69(3):432-5.
- Neurophysiological effects of an extract of Eschscholziacalifornica Cham. (Papaveraceae).
Rolland A, Fleurentin J, Lanhers MC, Misslin R, Mortier F.
Phytother Res. 2001 Aug;15(5):377-81.
- The quantitative EEG as a screening instrument to identifysedative effects of single doses of plant extracts in comparisonwith diazepam.
Schulz H, Jobert M, Hübner WD.
Phytomedicine. 1998 Dec;5(6):449-58.
- Behavioural effects of the American traditional plantEschscholzia californica: sedative and anxiolytic properties.
Rolland A, Fleurentin J, Lanhers MC, Younos C, Misslin R,Mortier F, Pelt JM.
Planta Med. 1991 Jun;57(3):212-6.
- Effects of ethanolic extracts from Eschscholtziacalifornica and Corydalis cava on dimerization and oxidation ofenkephalins.
Reimeier C, Schneider I, Schneider W, Schäfer HL, Elstner EF.
Arzneimittelforschung. 1995 Feb;45(2):132-6.
The health claims that feature on our website in relation to the plants contained in our products are compliant with the list of health claims awaiting final assessment by the Community authorities (cf. website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/). However, they may be subject to modification following their assessment by the national competent authorities.
The health claims relating to other nutrients or substances contained in our products that feature on our site are compliant with Regulation No. 432/2012 of the Commission of 16 May 2012 which establishes a list of authorised health claims authorised in relation to food products, other than those in reference to the reduction of the risk of disease as well as community-based development and child health (cf. website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/).