Primary antioxidants (superoxide dismutase, catalase): powerful antioxidant action, immunomodulating and anti-inflammatory.
Glutathione peroxidase: plays an important role in the neutralisation of free radicals.
Secondary antioxidants (Vits. A,C,E, carotenoids): contribute to the antioxidant action.
Minerals (selenium): contribute to the antioxidant action.
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), a Powerful Antioxidant, is now available Orally
Phytothérapie (2005)Numéro 3: 1-4
Fabienne Joanny Consulting & Licensing: http://fabiennejoanny.fr/en/pdf/article-springer-glisodin.pdf
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of a Cucumis melo LC. extract rich in superoxide dismutase activity.
Vouldoukis I, Lacan D, Kamate C, Coste P, Calenda A, Mazier D, Conti M, Dugas B.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2004 Sep;94(1):67-75.
- Supplementation with gliadin-combined plant superoxide dismutase extract promotes antioxidant defences and protects against oxidative stress.
Vouldoukis I, Conti M, Krauss P, Kamaté C, Blazquez S, Tefit M, Mazier D, Calenda A, Dugas B.
Phytother Res. 2004 Dec;18(12):957-62.
- Induction of Th1-dependent immunity by an orally effective melon superoxide dismutase extract.
Vouldoukis, I.; Conti, M.; Kolb, J. P.; Calenda, A.; Mazier, D.; Dugas, B.
Current trends in immunology, Volume 5 2003 pp. 141-145
Cab Direct: http://www.cabdirect.org/abstracts/20073057514.html
- Influence of an orally effective SOD on hyperbaric oxygen-related cell damage.
Muth CM, Glenz Y, Klaus M, Radermacher P, Speit G, Leverve X.
Free Radic Res. 2004 Sep;38(9):927-32.
- An SOD rich melon extract Extramel prevents aortic lipids and liver steatosis in diet-induced model of atherosclerosis.
Décordé K, Ventura E, Lacan D, Ramos J, Cristol JP, Rouanet JM.
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2010 Jun;20(5):301-7.
- Preventive effect of a melon extract rich in superoxide scavenging activity on abdominal and liver fat and adipokine imbalance in high-fat-fed hamsters.
Décordé K, Agne A, Lacan D, Ramos J, Fouret G, Ventura E, Feillet-Coudray C, Cristol JP, Rouanet JM.
J Agric Food Chem. 2009 Jul 22;57(14):6461-7.
- Effect of an oral supplementation with a proprietary melon juice concentrate (Extramel®) on stress and fatigue in healthy people: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial
Marie-Anne Milesi, Dominique Lacan, Hervé Brosse, Didier Desor, Claire Notin
Nutrition Journal 2009, 8:40
The health claims that feature on our website in relation to the plants contained in our products are compliant with the list of health claims awaiting final assessment by the Community authorities (cf. website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/). However, they may be subject to modification following their assessment by the national competent authorities.
The health claims relating to other nutrients or substances contained in our products that feature on our site are compliant with Regulation No. 432/2012 of the Commission of 16 May 2012 which establishes a list of authorised health claims authorised in relation to food products, other than those in reference to the reduction of the risk of disease as well as community-based development and child health (cf. website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/).